Thank you for being an invested member of South Harbor and being willing to learn more about the upcoming 2017/18 fiscal year and leadership nominees, links below.
Information for the May 21 – Congregational Vote:
There will be a congregational ballot vote at the end of each service on Sunday, May 21. If you are unable to attend on May 21, you may place your vote with an absentee online ballot by clicking here. Online ballots must be cast by midnight, Saturday, May 20. Printed absentee ballots will also be available at Connecting Point. One vote per person. We will be voting on the following:
- Approval of the 2017/18 General Budget of $1,100,000 and Mission Budget of $80,000.
- Affirmation of current facility purchase.
- Approval of the following leadership team:
- Harbor Churches Consistory Elder: Derek Steele (term through 2020)
- Campus Deacons: Mike Meines and Joe VanLaan (terms through 2020)
- Campus Elders: Kim VanNamen, Karen Wolthuis, and Jim McConnell (terms through 2020)
For more information on the above proposals:
- Click here to view South Harbor’s overall proposed budget for 2017/18.
- Click here to view overall budget FAQ’s
- Click here to view FAQ’s on the lease to loan proposal.
- Click here to view the Pastoral Deacon & Elders nominee brochure.
Information for the June 4 – Congregational Vote:
On Sunday, June 4, at the end of each service, we will hold a second congregational ballot vote for only one proposal, to affirm the South Harbor Renovation Concept and to move from the Concept Phase into the Input, Funding, and Design Phase.
If you are unable to attend on June 4, you may place your vote with an absentee online ballot by clicking here. Online ballots must be cast by midnight, Saturday, June 3. Printed absentee ballots will also be available at Connecting Point. One vote per person.
- Click here for an FAQ for the SH Potential Renovation Concept.
You’re also invited to attend the following meeting:
Sunday, May 21 – 4pm. This will be our last informational and Q&A meeting regarding the potential upcoming facility renovation concept.
Click here to get in touch, send us feedback. or ask a question.
Click to enlarge
Potential Ministry Expansion Concept
The following renderings are “concept” only. In fact, we’ve discussed and included many additional ideas we’ve heard since last week’s meeting into the concept. Additional congregational input will be be included in the next phase as we move from concept towards detailed design.
Through initial input from our leadership team, staff and people who attend South Harbor, we landed on the priorities listed below. Though we realize there are many more hopes and wishes we all have, we also are seeking to be fiscally responsible and name the first and second order priorities. We will revisit and refine these during additional input sessions in June.
First Level Priorities
- Increased, intimate, brighter worship space
- Consolidated, functional, secure kids space
- Supporting lobby/ gathering space
- Restrooms to support size
- Parking to meet demand
Additional, Second Level Priorities
- Multipurpose/ medium space
- Work/ Office space